Monday, June 7, 2010

Over the weekend!

A comment over the weekend gave me a thought about something I could add to my blog. One of our friends had a 40th party over the weekend she rented a limo and we stopped at every ones house for a themed drink and a little something to eat. Our house was one of the last houses so everyone one by that time was getting a little silly and dancing so we  were in my living room and one of the women said this looks like it's out of the Pottery Barn. Then later in the night went to the next house she made another comment about not being able to decorate like that because she couldn't afford it...well little does she know neither can I. Alot of things I am lucky to have gotten from my Mom and just painted it. I told her all I did was paint  most of my things there not new! She couldn't believe it. I probably should have kept that to myself. But it is amazing what a little paint will do and some sand paper!!!



Like this mirror I found at Marshall's it was Black and ugly but painted a antique Ivory  makes it come alive and a  a dresser I  also painted. The candle holder are from Pottery Barn. the urn also from Marshall's it was cracked so I added little glue and it was good to go! of course you can't forget the starfish and shells

I put these on my mantel
one on either side of the TV tiny shells and sea glass inside. Can you tell I like the cottage beachy theme




Yes my mother brought this home
for me it was a dirty Ivory color so actually she painted this one for me and I had to add some candles and a Starfish and this old Lantern it was Brown and rusty so I had to paint it white of course.

I thought I had down loaded a picture of my dining table that she couldn't believe i painted I guess I didn't I'll try to show you the next time when I figure  out what to do next on this darn blog! LOL!!
Well  found this one with my son in the picture so I don't know if you can get a good look but yes I did paint this and added some markings to it.

Thanks for stopping by Have a nice night!

Christine


1 comment:

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Jay is too cute! You know if there is a way that table in the corner is going in the back of the car when you aren't looking!!