Well didn't get to the curtains yet haven't found just the right ones.
My bedroom is usually the last to get attention since nobody see's it too much except me and my hubby and the kids. I just love when we all get into it together to watch a movie before the kids go to bed.
The frame above my bed will be getting a friend soon stay tuned!!!
So I finally changed my heavy comforter for this coverlet, I wanted the the White comforter with the ruffles on it from Rachael's bedding but when I went to Target they only had it in the twin size and I needed the King. So I decided to get the sheets (Shabby Chic) and stick with the coverlet for now. I hope they are still going to carry it!!
Then I purchased the blanket Shabby Chic at Target. OMG soooo soft my kids love it! (You need to get it) But I will not let them touch it! LOL!! I just don't want them to dirty it up never mind my husband.. They want one for their
beds. Just go in and feel it you will fall in love with it. I really shouldn't have been buying anything but decided I needed to treat myself with this. Plus I had a GC I forgotten about that I got from my neighbor PERFECT!! Thanks Janine!!
It is more for looks right now. Don't really need a blanket this time of year but love the way it looks.
What do you think?? I'm not the best at dressing my bed. And then I saw that aqua blue velvet pillow at Target and just had to have it. This room needed something with a little color besides the brown walls. In case you are wondering Davenport Tan from Benji Moore.
When I'm reading most of the blogs out there they have the white shabby walls which I love but when I was painting and shabbying up my furniture in most of my rooms I thought this color would show off my furniture better. All though in my bedroom I have my grandparents old mahogany dressers and desk. Which I will show you sometime. But thinking of painting my bed and hope chest (ofcourse a creamy white) would love to do the dressers too but I think my mother would just die if I did that .
That will be in another post if I ever get to any of these projects!!
That will be in another post if I ever get to any of these projects!!
Just Thought I'd Give You A Closer Look At The Sheets
Rachael Ashwell's Shabby Chic Coutyre
Makes a difference don't ya think?
OK Last Picture I Promise when the rest is done I will show you!!
Just had to show you that blanket again from Rachel one last time I really wish you could feel it!!
Have a great day and stay cool on this hot day!!
Christine
XOXO
Oh and Happy Birthday Jake!!






16 comments:
I'm sure it feels as good as it looks!
I love that Davenport Tan paint. Thanks for giving us the name of it!
Love your bedroom and all the linens! As you say, life happens everyday around us and sometimes the blogging gets put on hold. I treasure every minute I have with my children. You keep on doing that, too, because I now have a sophomore in college and high school. Whew!, time passes so quickly. I just started my blog this year, too. I love blogging, esp. reading them all. My husband, well, he just doesn't get it.....yet! Maybe never will. Ha! I will visit yours often. Love it all!
Oh Thank you Lisa for your kind words. My husband doesn't get it either I didn't even tell him I started my blog LOL! I will have to check yours out
Oh Christine I love it!!! Next time I am over I am heading upstairs to take a good look around! You are right ~ your stuff pops against the wall color! Jake says thanks for the birthday shout out!
Ohhhh, I wish I could feel it too!! LOL
Pretty new linens! And I love that one pop of color with the aqua pillow! I love Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic line, too, This spring was the first time we did a "summer bedding" in our room as well. I did end up buying two of her pillow shams, but I was trying to change up the look of the bedding without spending too much money and so far I think I've done pretty well! If you want to stop by my blog sometime to look at what I did with mine, please feel free!
Happy White Wednesday!
Your bedroom is turning out so lovely. The calmness air about it is perfect and the linens you've chosen are gorgeous. Nice job! The bed makes me want to crawl right in it looks so comfy.
Gretchen
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!!
Happy WW!
xojanis
Your bed linens are just gorgeous, and I'm going to have to check out that blanket, looks heavenly!
xo,
Debra
Lisa, I looove your bed, your coverlet looks beautiful and your sheets are to die for gorgeous! Is your blanket a soft/fuzzy like a cloud on one side and does it feel like suede on the inside? If so, I have one too and I cuddle up in it every morning to have my first cup of coffee...I think we have a lot of the same taste, if you go look at my blog post just before today's and look at my bed, you'll laugh at the similarities...but my cloud blanket is on my couch! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs
Oops Christine, I called you Lisa, so sorry! Deb~
Your room is turning out beautifully!The brown, aqua and white color scheme is reminding me of the seashore!
What a Beautiful Bedroom ~ now I want to head right out to Target & feel how soft that blanket is....
I'm still in the thinking mode for my bedroom but you are moving me closer to action with your progress.
Thanks for sharing ;-)
oooh. so pretty. I really love the addition of blue, the small pillow is so pretty against all the white.
Post a Comment